Sunday, April 3, 2011

OPI Glow-ink In the Dark/China Glaze Atlantis

OPI's Glow-ink In the Dark,
Halloween 2009 Collection

This is a discontinued color from OPI's Halloween collection from 2009. I didn't get a photo that is viewable of it glowing, but I did find a decent photo of that at The Nailphile.

The polish was much more translucent than I expected and when I wear it again, I will most likely wear it over white, it seems to look better that way.

Overall, I was pleased with this color, it's a gorgeous cornflower blue/lavender on the nail, and it reads as blue when it's near something blue.

For polish that was almost two years old when I purchased it, it's not at all gloopy. This photo is three coats over a clear basecoat.

I had meant to do a coat of black shatter over it before I removed it but I was simply too tired to deal with it yesterday after going on a long bike ride. Next time, for sure.



China Glaze's Atlantis
I also have another mani to show you.

This one is China Glaze in Atlantis over NYC in French White Tip. (See, I can learn from my mistakes!) The Atlantis I found at my local Sally Beauty Supply on clearance for $1.99, and I couldn't leave it there. It's a translucent green base with holo glitter. I like it quite a lot. Application was smooth and this is two coats of Atlantis over two coats of French White Tip. The CG was great, as usual. But the NYC French Tip White was gloopy and gross. I will be adding a little thinner to it before I use it again.

Overall, I like the Atlantis mani, but I may be adding some black Konad to it before it comes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We have two rules around here:
1. Don't be a jerk.
2. Don't be a spammer.

Comments violating these simple rules will be deleted.
Otherwise, say whatever you want.